Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Family



Just thought I would give everyone a little background on my family (both the four-legged and otherwise). I am 18 and currently living with my parents while I attend a college nearby. We live in a very rural community so we have plenty of land for all of our animal brothers and sisters. My younger sister, "M," is 14 and is the one who takes care of Mandy's brother, Cole.



Cole has such a personality! He is such a goofball and always keeps us smiling! He loves to flirt with everyone by "grinning" at them and he will "talk" to you if he's not getting the amount of scratching he thinks appropriate.



We also have a short-haired, short-legged Jack Russell Terrier named Trish. She is pushing 14 or 15 and is currently living a life of ease consisting of sleeping, eating, followed by more eating. :)
We also own six sheep, Lucy, Ethel, Lula, Snickers, Pansy, and Jeanie. The sheep are used for breeding purposes so I'm sure you will see some future posts of the baby lambs! (Despite the fact that Mandy and Cole are bred to be herding dogs, they are absolutely terrified of the sheep! Mandy will stand behind me to bark at them.)


Mandy and Cole meet the Sheep!


Lula, the first lamb born on the property!

Snickers! The first multi-colored lamb!


We also have three paint horses. Leo's Tuxedo or "Tux" is a Quarter Horse that my sister rides in different rodeos in our area. They participate in barrels, pole bending, goat tying, and breakaway roping.



Colby Saturn or "Colby" is a Tennesse Walker that we mostly use for trail riding. His patience makes him and AWESOME trail horse but his need to snack on EVERY SINGLE WEED can get old! lol.



The horse I mainly use is another Quarter Horse named Whiskey. He is still very young and we are in the process of training him. It takes a village to train a horse! My sister and I are also active members of 4-H so we raise pigs for the county fair. Mom also has nine hens since she LOVES fresh eggs. We also adopted a rooster, Zero, after my aunt had to "rescue" him from her cats!!



Francine is the cat that adopted us when she was just a few weeks old and has been with us ever since!


My sister also has a rabbit Daisy who is 9 or 10 now! I know it sounds like we have tons of animals but each one of them get as much attention as possible are a major part of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment