Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Monday, April 26, 2010

How Mandy and I Got Started...



Mandy and I became interested in Therapy Dog training when a lady I know gave me some information about it! She also graduated form the Pasco Paws program with her Pit Bull, "Cash." I didn't think too much of it until I was in the hospital a few months later. Although I was only in the hospital for about 12 hours I realized how boring it can be! This was what made me realize how kids who suffer terminal illnesses must feel when they must spend weeks or even months in the hospital! I decided that I would train Mandy to be a therapy dog so that we could bring a little joy to some of the children I met while in the hospital! We are registered through Therapy Dogs Incorporated. If you are looking for therapy dog classes in your area you may have to do a little research to find them! You can visit the Therapy Dogs Inc. website and search for a Tester/Observer in your area, or you may have to ask around at different dog shows or nursing homes to see what is offered where you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment