Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Help Clean the Oil Spill!

As many of you know, I live in Florida, so the oil spill just off the coast has been BIG news around here! It is truly sad just how many animals are being hurt, along with the environment, but there may be a way every dog owner can help! There is a company that is currently collecting human hair, pet hair, and feathers in an effort to soak up and 'corral' some of the oil. Evidently hair is super absorbent and great when put into mats and booms. This article give some more information on how it works. I thought this was great because with four horses, six sheep, ten chickens, one rabbit, three dogs, and a cat things can get a little 'hairy' around here. (haha) They accept all kinds of hair and Mandy and Cole both shed so much every day this is a great thing to do with the hair we would just be throwing away. In order to find out how to donate, you will need to sign up in order to find out where to ship your hair. For a complete set of instructions please visit this website! Although there is a slight ick factor here I definitely think it is for a great cause as it may help save many animals! Please check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment