Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mandy's Monday!

Hello Everyone!

Becca is keeping her promise which means it's time for another Mandy Monday! Becca and I had a great weekend! Since the weather has been VERY warm, hot, ABSOLUTELY SWELTERING these past few weeks, I have been enjoying the pool immensely! I know I am only allowed to swim whenever one of my people are there with me, but they like to swim just as much as I do, so I'm not complaining! Even though I am an excellent swimmer (if I do say so myself) Becca is still paranoid that I will wear myself out and drown. She decided to buy me a doggie lifejacket, so that I won't get as tired when I'm playing in the pool! Well the first jacket she got was WAY too small for me! I normally enjoy wearing clothes but let me tell you, this baby pinched in all the wrong places! She finally exchanged it for a size larger and I wore it around the house for a bit to get used to moving in it...


 Unfortunately I moved in it a little too much and gave Becca very hard time trying to take my picture!

At this point I would happily show you some pictures of me swimming in the life jacket, however the moment I tried to jump in, the whole thing shifted, I got my feet hung, rolled onto my side, and made very pitiful noises while Becca tried to untangle this crazy thing from me! She thinks part of the problem is that when I got wet, all my normally poofy hair deflated, causing the jacket to become looser. This, coupled with my exuberant swimming/struggling only made the situation worse! Anyway, she let me spend the rest of the pool time in the buff so as not to traumatize me anymore. Overall I had a great time in the pool! One of my favorite things to do is to jump in and swim after Becca!

Sometimes we make so many waves, we accidentally knock the raft out of the pool. That's fine with me though, that thing just gets in the way and makes funny noises when Becca tries to lay on it!



After finally catching her she really likes it when I lick her in the face! Sloppy pool kisses are the best!

Another fun thing to do is to jump in at the same time as Becca! I didn't like this at first because I thought for sure that Becca was drowning and it was up to me to save her by nipping at her heels! She showed me though that jumping in can be a lot of fun as we do it together a lot! There is, however a technique to jumping in! First we both have to get out of the pool and stand about 10 feet away, then Becca makes me sit until she gives the release word. (Yes, everything turns into a lesson with her around). After sitting for what feels like forever, Becca will say, "Ready, Set, GO!" The release word here is "GO!" This is when we run to the pool and jump in at the same time!


Becca really likes this picture because it looks like I'm running in mid air!
 Here's another good 'mid air' one. Too bad Becca's big behind is blocking the shot! Lol


Sometimes though I get a little nervous and rather than jumping in the pool before Becca, I just stop in front of her. It's actually quite entertaining because then you get pictures like these where Becca has to pull a hop, skip, jump, and tumble maneuver in order to keep from falling/jumping on me. By the time she makes it in the pool, I have worked up my nerve enough to jump in after her...right on her head of course :)

Becca loves to let me swim with her because it is a good way for me to get some exercise. She used to have a Beagle Mix that would run and ride her bike with her when she exercised, but my thick hair makes me get so hot so fast! This is a good compromise for us both because I get the exercise I need to keep me healthy, and she isn't always worried I'll have a heat stroke in the process. It also helps me to not be as scared of the camera because it associates a fun activity (swimming) with a not-so-fun one (modeling). My little brother, Cole likes to 'swim' as well, if you can even call it that anyway...


He discovered that if he simply jumped in and stopped moving his legs, one of the humans would hold him up in the pool. Cole, being the lazy bum that he is loved this, the humans however, did not! In order to allow Cole to be a part of the action, they bought him a boat to float it! (And yes, the boat is pink, when will these people learn??)

He likes the boat because he can still be 'in' the pool without actually doing any work, and the humans don't mind as the boat eliminates substantial blow drying time!
Here he is flashing one of his one-of-a-kind "Cole Grins." What a lady's man!
 
Yeah, Becca thought this was hilarious, so I threw it in just for her!

Well I hope my Monday brought a smile to your face! If not I at least know Cole enjoyed it! Lol. Well this week is the last week before Hurricane Season starts here in Florida (I know, super scary!) So I will be living it up as much as possible before the afternoon thunderstorms start up again. So far we've been pretty lucky and only had one or two a week! Wish us luck though that we we'll be spared from any hurricanes this year! I wish everyone a very happy week and I can't wait to visit back next Monday! 

Laterdays!





 P.S. On a more solemn note please don't forget to visit MAXMOM. She had to wish goodbye to beloved MAXDOG today, and I'm sure she could use a few words.

No comments:

Post a Comment