Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mandy's Monday!

Greetings All!

Hello everyone, Mandy here! As I'm sure you are aware, today is Monday, and after much debate with Becca, she agreed to let me have Monday's posting all to myself! You see everyday Becca leaves me home all by myself to go do whatever it is she does without me! I thought I would take the opportunity to check out everyone else's blogs! Well you can imagine my surprise when I found out that Maggie is completely in charge of her own blog! (yeah, SOOO not fair!) After quite a bit of 'heated debate' she said I could do my own posts on Mondays. As I'm sure you've already noticed, the design of OUR blog has changed quite a bit as well! I was shocked that my poor, delusional owner had chosen such a boring background, and I had to help her spice things up a little! :) You can thank me later, Becca.

Right now it is raining pretty hard, so I thought I would take some time to write this and take my mind off things. You see, I am NOT a big fan of thunderstorms! They kind of scare me a little, and as it is my job to make sure everyone stays safe, I have a lot of work to do during the thunderstorms! I am a Corgi, so I was bred to herd sheep. I've got short little legs, so the easiest (and smartest) way to do this is to nip the noses of the animals (rather than run around them like a nut constantly). Although I by no means insult my dignity by  actually doing this type of work, I do take it upon myself to herd my family. (Indoors of course) It usually starts with my brother, Cole. During the rain it is absolutely necessary that I herd him to a safe place. He's a little thick and often has a hard time figuring out exactly where this 'safe place' is. Sometimes he gets tired of my biting his nose and will proceed to shove it under the couch, therefore making it inaccessible to further herding. After I am satisfied with Cole I usually move on to Becca. Occasionally she will be asleep during this process in which case it is necessary for me to give her multiple 'nose nips' before she will wake up. Sometimes she thinks that by pretending that she is sleeping I will just give up, but she is sadly mistaken and desperately needs to work on  her acting skills. After she wakes up she'll try to calm me down. Most of the time she lets me cuddle under the blanket with her. I don't quite know how but it makes the lightning disappear everytime! Once the lightning goes away I usually feel better, but I still have to poke my head out and check on her every few minutes. For some reason the rest of my two-legged family finds this whole process quite entertaining. One day I will help them to fully understand the gravity of the situation but until then I suppose I will continue to single handedly protect my family. After all, without them I would never get to eat!

Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment