Copyright Notice!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to look around and use any advice or information I post, HOWEVER you MAY NOT use any of my photos without my permission for any reason! If you would like to use my pictures please contact me and ask for permission! Thank you and enjoy!

~Becca & Mandy

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Speak...sort of.

Okay so no, I haven't yet taught Mandy to "speak" in the usual sense of the word, however she's managed to teach me to! As a member of 4-H there are many competitions I am able to participate in. Today I went to a speech competition where I gave a speech about Therapy Dogs. Mandy of course had to come with me! I think she had a great time! She loved being able to visit with all the people, and since it was a 4-H event she got to play with kids (our favorite!) Everyone had tons of questions and I think we did a great job spreading the good "therapy dog news" lol. Her favorite part of the day was probably eating lunch at Beef O' Bradys! (We had to get her some chicken strips) She seemed to also enjoy and awesome step team from the Macdill Air Force Base. She worked very hard today and was exhausted once we got home. After a quick nap to recover she had a great time swimming with her little brother in the pool! I really love to do this type of educational work and I hope we inspired and informed many people!

 The school we went to had excellent facilities as well as stiff competition!

Okay, so we had to steal some ideas from Maggie and take a picture next to the bright red fire hydrant!



Mandy did a great job during the awards ceremony but I'm afraid she was a little confused as to why everyone kept clapping! lol (and yes Maggie, this picture was taken using a flash! of course it's the only decent one of six pictures, but I was still pretty proud!)



Yay! I won a blue ribbon and will be advancing to the State Competition! I can't wait to go tell more people about how wonderful Therapy Dogs are!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! My goodness, you certainly have worked hard with that little cutie pie! Of course, I am a little partial to herding breeds☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! We really love to get the word out about a therapy dog's work, as well as how any type of working dog can help in a variety of ways! It's kinda funny because although she is a herding breed, she spent the first couple years of her life in a suburb so she's a little "citified." My family and I have 7 sheep. When she first got here she was absolutely terrified! She would stand behind me to bark at them! lol. She's slowly gotten more used to them and when armed with 'backup' (aka, her younger brother) she will chase the sheep from the front yard back into the pasture they stay in. She has even started walking around in their pasture (with a chaperone of course) however she knows that that is their territory! lol

    ReplyDelete